Monday 2 April 2012

SS11-April 2

Hi guys,

Sorry this is a later post-I had a staff meeting after school and I just put my daughter to bed now-so I apologize if you were looking for it earlier.  As you all know, essay test tomorrow:)  As we discussed, you will write 2 essays (one in the first block, one in the second block) each block will have 'different options' you only need to write on one topic per block.  Please bring your own paper and a writing utensil!  Remember, an outline is an EXCELLENT idea and I will be looking for it-remember to always provide specific examples to your answers and tell me the significance!!  Good luck, don't be nervous-I know you will all do great!  Here is the list of 'possible' essay topics (hint, hint) that we discussed today:

1) Describe Canada's contribution to the Allied war effort.  Provide examples.

2) How is Canada's home front effected by WWII.  Provide examples.

3) Hitler adopted a 'final solution' during WWII.  Using examples from 1933-1945, provide examples of his attempts.

4) Is war ever justified?  Provide examples specifically from 1930-1945 (but you could include others, just focus on the events we have been studying).

5) Using examples from 1930-1945, describe the human atrocities that occured and how they could be prevented in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment