Friday 13 April 2012

SS11-April 13

Well.....today was our LAST official day together :(  I would just like to tell you all that it was an absolute PLEASURE to teach you and I am so proud of what you have all accomplished.  It is a very hard adjustment to be asked to 'think in a different way' and you all rose to the occasion!  I hope that you look at history not as a 'bunch of old facts' but as a series of events that you can now trace to your own lives and use as reference in interesting critical thinking discussions.  Anyways, enough with my 'mushy talk'-thank-you for being such a great class.

Now-for the 'details'....
-you need to come to my class (usual time-blocks 3/4) for your Government test (only multiple choice/short answer) on THURSDAY APRIL 19-mark this down!!  If you can NOT make that time, you need to email me asap and we will set up an alternate time for you to take your test.
-you got your essays back today-PLEASE see me about how to improve, I am available anytime at lunch or blocks 3/4 to help and I would LOVE to help you out-so use this time!!  Just email me if it is a certain day/time that you want to come in, otherwise just pop in my portable and I will likely be there!

Assignment for the 'last part' of government: Human Rights (ch.10 in textbook, pgs. 30-37 in workbook)
- please pay special attention to this unit as it is important and many of the topics will resurface in your 'human geography unit.'
1) Complete a 1 paragraph reflection on: 'Are there certain rights that should be protected NO MATTER WHAT as humans?'  Therefore, no matter what country/situation certain human rights should ALWAYS be protected at all costs....  Provide reasons and examples for your answers.  Email me this asap samson_l@sd36.bc.ca
2) You need to see me on Monday (any time) and collect the exercises for this chapter.  They will be due to me on the 'test day' for completion........

**Keep checking the blog!!  This is how I can communicate with you and I assume you are reading it EVERY DAY (I won't post everyday but check it so you are informed as quickly as possible!)

No comments:

Post a Comment